Over the years, my mother and I shared a number of disagreements:
- The critical nature of house-cleaning schedules—
- The ”truth” of Catholicism—
What “lady-like” means–
The discipline of only buying things on sale.
But we shared a lot of the same beliefs, even if we weren’t able to exhibit them perfectly:
- It is better to be kind than to be correct—
- Don’t judge, or you’ll find yourself in the position of the judged soon enough—
- Have the courage to do the right thing—
- Nothing is as important as love.
Mom was a teacher by trade and by avocation. In her passion she enriched her student’s lives, including mine, in unexpected ways. Continue reading